The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Friday, April 22, 2005
broken
I've been broken. Last Tuesday I shifted slightly in my chair in class, and had incredible back pain. They call it a muscle spasm. I had four over the course of 3 days. When I went to the doctor Tuesday night, he gave me a shot in my butt. That's the level we're talking about here. It took me over an hour to "walk" the 1/2 mile back to my house. I stayed in bed as much as possible for 5 days, until taking a glorious shower on Sunday. 5 days without showering is a lot. It makes me look back at history in a different way.

Anyway, I'm on my feet, trying to live a vaguely normal life. I have physical therapy every other day. I have it in 1/2 hour. I can't wait. It makes me feel so much better for an hour. And they finally gave me a referral to see a specialist. This is the 2nd time this year this has happened, although I think this time is worse. But no one's really ever looked at my back. No radiology for sure. "Health care."

What makes me possibly most annoyed is that I was finally better. I hurt my back last in October, and it got a lot better but then stagnated, so I went to Physical Therapy in february, and was pretty much feeling like a normal person at the end of March. I started running again, it was fabulous and amazing - I love running. And then this.

On the good news, I'm still loving this designing the future class. It meets Monday and Wednesday mornings, and Wednesay afternoon this week I got sad because it was 5 more days before class would meet. I don't think I've ever felt this way about a class before. 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger