concerts everywhere
I think I might be getting nostalgic about graduating. Which is really weird, considering I don't really like Stanford that much. But it smells like last spring, which has very powerful memories, and I'm moving on.
Last night
CCRMA put a concert on of student "instruments", in the
PRL. I loved it - it was another one of those I can't keep from smiling all the time moments that I've been having. I almost feel like I must be in love or something, but I assure you, I'm single. There's no love. The CCRMA concert was interesting also because a) I almost took that class last quarter, and given the class I chose over it, I should definitely have taken the CCRMA class. Also, I feel like the CCRMA path is one that I must have taken in an alternative universe. I could easily have ended up doing that stuff for a living. I'm not there at all anymore, but it's weird to look at a life and know it might have been yours. I took pictures, but they all sucked, sorry.
I've been doing the show thing. Saturday night I went to see
Stars play at Bimbo's. Since Stars has been one of my favorites throughout grad school, I had to go. They were good. Torque was different than I expected. Because SF is so small, of course I ran into people - random ones, at that. Feist opened, and wow, that woman can sing.
Sunday was another trip to SF for another show. First dinner with Sarah, my freshman year roommate, and then over to the Make Out Room to see her boyfriend's band, the Lonelyhearts, play. The headliner for the show was some band called Safari from Seattle. They were sooo good. Wow. Oh, and tons of random Yalies ended up at the show, including Lizzie and Sam out on spring break from Harvard.
While I'm at it, I finally got around to purchasing
Sad songs for dirty lovers. Great title. I went to college with Bryce, the lead guitarist in
the National, and I used to go see them whenever they played in NYC, but I haven't been able to make any of shows out here. Sad songs for dirty lovers is really good, especially "Lucky You." It may be that I've been listening to that song too much, and that's why I'm feeling nostalgic. It's a lighter song, which is a coin I just termed, but I'm sure existed already. You know, if you went to see them play in a stadium, everyone would wave their lighters in the air when they played this song.