The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Tuesday, May 11, 2004
the world is a horrible place
Ok, so some days are good, and some days are bad, and I've been having a couple of bad days here.

I think it started with all this Iraq nonsense. I'll admit to living in my little ivory tower and having NO IDEA about this whole american prison situation until I read last week's New Yorker on Sunday. When you read about the news in a weekly magazine, well, that's clearly just one problem in your life.

I'm not usually terribly political. I mean, I'll admit to being your typical liberal snob, and give me a couple of beers, and talk about Bush, and I'll have stuff to say. But to post on my blog, when I rarely do that at all these days, that's unusual. However, I can't help but feeling that the whole world hates us, and they should. Who wants to move to Canada?

There's that, and then there's all the bad theft at school. Bikes being stolen left and right, someone cutting out the hub of a bike rim just to steal the disc brakes. Nice brakes, I'm sure, but really. Who does that? I never think of myself as a very good person, but things like this floor me. The world is a terrible place.

I'm sure there are other things that are making me this upset, it can't just be the far off troubles in Iraq and my friends' bikes, but I gotta tell you, I'm feeling pretty down. 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger