The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Monday, April 19, 2004
Sporty Spice
Spring quarter started 3 weeks ago, and I'm a bit ashamed to say that I'm not working very hard. But I'm working hard at training. Somehow, I got roped into doing a triathlon this spring (May 15th - the Napa Valley Triathalon), and I'm actually trying to get in shape for it.

It's a 1200 meter swim, 17 mile bike, and 4 mile run. Running. Me. I've been running "the Dish" at Stanford - all told, about 4.5 miles in the foothills. That's right, I'm hard core. The swim shouldn't be too scary, and today Nicole and Emily and I went out for a bike in the foothills, I think it was between 15 and 20 miles. (We were supposed to go up Old La Honda - 40 minutes of lowest gear hell, but Emily was having trouble shifting, thank goodness.)

I'm also taking Yoga this quarter (that's right, for credit - how much of a slacker can I be??), so all told I'm doing at least one athletic thing a day. Today I ran and biked. Have I mentioned that I'm turning into Sporty Spice? 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger