The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Monday, February 02, 2004
Turned wooden bowl
The assignment I am perhaps most excited for in art160 is the one that asks us to carve or turn a wooden bowl, paying close attention to the sensitive interplay between the interior and exterior. I finished the bowl this weekend (a couple weeks later than expected). I had some issues with the wood lathe, but got some expert advice from James, and finished it up Thursday night, with sanding and waxing done yesterday.

To repeat, it is a cherry laminate bowl (6 pieces), and was to be cereal-sized, now it's a little bit smaller. It's pretty thin, and weighs almost nothing.

Pictures:
Top view
Side/top view
Side view 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger