The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Friday, February 06, 2004
Pens
Our pens were due today. If you remember, we had to design some pens in the other people's styles. Out of the three we designed, we then had to make two, which were due today.

My final two were Manolo Blahnik and Ted Muehling (my favorite).

Manolo:

Yup, I made a shoebox for my pen. I just had to. The pen is "worn", as in, you have to put it on (and strap it to your wrist - there is also a loop for the index finger to go through) and the rhinestone studded thing on top is a pen clip. There are two more pen clips, too, because, well, he'd do that.

Ted Muehling:

So, Ted Muehling likes to do shapes based on natural forms, somewhat simplified. And then he gets to cast them out of porcelain. I feel like I kind of cheated with this one, because his stuff tends to be so elegant and graceful, and well, calla lilies are inherently elegant and graceful. Anyway, I took a miniature calla lilly and coated it with white polyurethane resin. To think, a few months ago I didn't even know what that was. It's decaying, though... barely made it until today. 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger