The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Thursday, December 04, 2003
my car key
Broke. On Monday I went to the Trader Joe's in Menlo Park to do a little food shopping. Went out to my car, put the key in my trunk, and turned. Ok, so the key wasn't entirely in the keyhole. But I wasn't turning any harder than normal. And the key bent! I pulled it out, and tried to bend it back. No go. So, I got into my car (I leave it unlocked. I mean, it's a convertible. If they want to get in, they can get in.) and tried it in another keyhole, to see if I could turn it back like that. Nope. Took it out, and the top part just fell off.

Car keys should not be made of a material so malleable.

Thank god I had my cell phone on me. I called Nicole, who lives mere blocks away, and she was at home. So I walked over there with my groceries (it seems like ages since I've had to walk carrying groceries), and she gave me a ride home. Later my roommate drove me back with my spare key so I could get my car. My spare key is no longer spare, but at least there isn't a half a key stuck in some part of my car, right? 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger