The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Monday, October 06, 2003
Shotgunning
On Saturday night, I made my first excursion in the Bay Area. I went up to Oakland to visit a my freshman year roommate, Sarah, and another friend of ours from college, Mark.

I managed to leave very very late, and was almost 2 hours late to our planned event - oops. But it really made me realize how big the "bay area" is. Huge. On the way up, I must have not latched the top of my car very well, because as soon as I sped up to about 65, the top came flying off. Scariest thing ever. Luckily, it stayed attached to my car, just folded back instantly. Still, I was pretty shook up on the way there, and was passed by just about every car on the freeway. Plus, it was COLD.

It was great to see Sarah and Mark, and Sarah's roommate Sadie (who is actually a friend of my sister's - weird connections). We went to a party a couple of blocks away, and Mark somehow convinced Sarah and I to join him in shotgunning a beer. It was my first time, and it was an experience. We didn't stay long, and I kind of felt like I had crashed a party, shotgunned a beer (making a mess along the way), and left. Oops.

I spent the night in Oakland, and so sadly missed beach day, but apparently that was a very cold event, and I wouldn't have been prepared for the weather. I can't get used to the huge swings in temerature around here. 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger