The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Monday, October 13, 2003
Homesick
I've been struggling with homesickness. I just miss New York.

I miss mass transportation, and the easy access it provides: To museums, stores, food...
and friends. I miss the nyc attitude. I miss some sense of shared experience, provided by living in new york. Different from the shared experience of going to grad school, or living in silicon valley. I MISS THE EDGE.

There is one second year student in my program who I met last year when visiting. For some reason I felt (and still feel) totally comfortable with him, and today he gave me a lift to the jewelry supply store. We were talking about driving (different from nyc right there), and that led to talks about the new york area. He grew up just a few towns away from me on long island, and we have people in common. He also went to a competitive east coast school, and he's a scorpio, just like me.

Are these the ingredients to someone who seems like home?  
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger