The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Monday, October 06, 2003
Design Project 1 - part 2
So, today in class we showed our solutions to DP1. It was a crazy day - totally fun. Some people went over the top with their projects. I may have been one of them.

I think all told, I probably spent about 40 hours on DP1. I did go with the flower idea, slightly modified. About halfway through I realized that I'd measured wrong - a 5 foot diameter circle is 60", not 50". ARGH.

I took many pictures - I'm working on getting them up for you to see. Highlights include a raceway that delivered all 10 dimes at once, a self-powered archimedes screw contraption, and a small, black spy suitcase which enclosed the entire device.

I'm off to lab to learn about castin and welding etc. 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger