The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Friday, October 24, 2003
Cantor Center party
Last night, as mentioned earlier, we had a small impromptu bbq at the loft. So nice to just chill out and have some beers. It'd been over a month since I'd had a beer - hard to believe, I know.

Afterwards we went over to a party held at the Cantor Center. Party on the Edge, or something. It was a whole different Stanford. People were actually talking about art, and didn't all look scarily alike (the undergrads here I find a little too conforming).

The space is pretty incredible, and they were showing some student films out in the back. There was a funny (i hope ironic?) rapper upstairs, and then a band playing in a courtyard. When I went into the courtyard, they were playing the Simple Minds song from the Breakfast club, and everyone was just having a good time, and in the middle of the (empty) dance area, was a huge Claus Oldenberg banana peel. It was a good moment. 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger