The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Thursday, October 02, 2003
am i becoming... sporty?
It may be true what they say - move to northern california, become sporty. Of course, my definition of sporty is seriously hampered by the past 3 years of sedentary, nyc-style abuse of my body. But, I ride my bike a lot here, and I've started swimming! What next?

The bike is pretty much a necessity -- I live on campus, but over a mile from the loft, and the general area of my classes. I haven't started riding from the loft to classes yet, since my classes either require me to bring art supplies/finished products that might be precarious on a bike, or are ridiculously close to ride a bike. But still, I'm averaging about 4 miles a day. My goal is to bike as far as I drive in any given week, excluding excursions to SF or Berkeley (or farther).

Plus, a fellow first year, Nicole (who actually worked at Sapient SF, in OPs), has inspired me to go swimming. Tuesdays and Thursdays we have an annoying 2 hours between classes, from 11-1. After eating lunch, even leisurely, there's enough time to do... not much. So, she decided to go swimming, and I've been going with her. The pools at Stanford are beautiful. There are 4 in the athletic center area, and the one with lap swimming is 50 meters. Oh, and they're all outside. I know there's at least one more on campus, too. Are you jealous? 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger