The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Saturday, September 20, 2003
Ow.
I've reached California. But I need to back up.

Moving boxes around a week or so ago, I hurt my lower back a little. Fine, it hurt when I sat too long, whatever. Late Monday night, I leaned over and wham. Something bad happened. I'd call it more of a tear than a snap, but pain works too.

So, after not sleeping at all, I asked my mom for some of her more serious drugs, and passed out for most of the day on my back. All of Tuesday and Wednesday were spent like this, since I could barely endure sitting or standing. I did brave a car ride to the chiropractor on Wednesday morning, where I was prodded (ow!) and then electrically stimulated (yay), and it was determined I almost slipped a disk, and that the tissue around it was inflamed. (This is my interpretation of what I think he said.) He gave me a brace to wear, and told me to take lots of anti-inflammatories (aka advil).

Next comes Thursday. The trick with this day is that it was the day I flew to California. 6 hours sitting - the most painful position of all. Plus I had to lug around my viola and 2 rather large suitcases to boot. Somehow, I survived. I brought two of my mom's back cushions to sit on, which helped TONS, and also some more of the magical knock yourself out pills. Thank goodness for drugs. 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger