The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Sunday, September 28, 2003
ikea
Ok, we all know now that I have a car. What I didn't realize is that there is an Ikea really really close by. This changes my whole Ikea shopping experience.

Previously, it was get in a friend's car, or on the Ikea bus, and truck out to Elizabeth, NJ, and go crazy because who knew when you'd next be there. I went this morning and actually exercised restraint in Ikea. As in, hmmm, well, maybe I want that, but let me just wait - I can always drop by next week if I think I need it.

It also made me realize that Ikeas really are made for more of the crazy shopping experience I'd previously engaged in. When you're shopping with a specific task/item in mind, the Ikea on a Sunday afternoon is one of the more frustrating experiences you can have. 
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger