The land of iz
iomeara
about
photography
portfolio
stanford product design

email
Thursday, September 25, 2003
classes
I've now attended each of my classes one time. Today was ME 203, which looks challenging and fun. We get to make one product of our choosing during the semester. It should be on the small side - 2 to 6 parts, of metal and/or plastic, and ideally be very close (but better, of course) to something that's already out there. Anyone have any ideas? I'm currently leaning towards some kitchen tongs... I've been meaning to buy some, wouldn't it be cool to have some that I made?

In the afternoon was Art 60, and I'm feeling overwhelmed. We got a list of 20 projects, no deadlines, no order to the projects, we just need to do 15 or so by the end of the quarter. And class is just one big crit. 15 projects! That's like, to be safe, 2 a week.

I've decided that I'm really excited for my classes individually, but don't understand how it is I'm supposed to take all three at one time. And to think, at Yale I took four at a time! The corporate world has ruined me for multi-tasking.

Also, I have no idea where to get the materials, how one goes about buying a sheet of colored plastic/acrylic (is that even what it is?), etc. As for the machine shop, I'm even more clueless. I mean, until I came here, I thought that the lathe was pronounced as if it rhymed with bath.  
ARCHIVES
08.2003 / 09.2003 / 10.2003 / 11.2003 / 12.2003 / 01.2004 / 02.2004 / 04.2004 / 05.2004 / 07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 / 02.2005 / 03.2005 / 04.2005 / 05.2005 / 06.2005 / 06.2007 / 09.2007 / 03.2008 / 04.2008 / 06.2008 / 07.2008 / 08.2008 / 11.2008 / 01.2009 / 05.2009 / 06.2009 / 09.2009 /

Powered by Blogger